I love to eat. I love food. It is a constant thought in my head. They say men think about sex 90% of the time. Well, I think about chocolate 99% of the time and other fattening foods the other 1%. Well, maybe not that often... (I do think about winning the lottery sometimes and then I could afford liposuction and I would be able to eat what I want!) I could easily be the fat girl again but I choose health over food. That doesn't mean the fat girl stuck inside me just disappears. And here are some examples of that fat girl inside of me emerging.
Yep, I want to hear every juicy detail of...dinner! From the appetizers, main course and then that sweet sultry dessert. I want to EAT vicariously through you. And I will sit there, hanging on your every word with envy.
I could have just eaten a 5 course meal and be more stuffed than I have ever been... but that does not stop the thought of food in my head constantly. I still think about food, see food and want to check it out, talk about my next meal or just sit there and wait until I become a little less full so I can finish my dessert. Yep, food is a constant thought.
I could be at a circus or some other totally cool event with action and chaos surrounding me but that does not stop me from spotting out the food! I particularly love me some circus and carnivals because they ALWAYS have funnel cakes. I think about the funnel cake the entire ride there and that is the first thing I look for when we arrive.
I am not sure that I will ever "think" like a skinny person, that there will ever be a day that a piece of chocolate cake crosses my path and I don't give it a second look. Until that day arrives, it is a constant battle of putting that fat girl inside me at bay.
Some tricks I use at doing this:
1. I try to not let myself get too hungry. I try to eat about 6 small meals a day. Spreading my food out throughout the day helps so much because mentally I always know more food is coming soon!
2. I try to replace the fatty foods I know and love with healthier versions that taste just as good(Or even better). I love to cook so this helps a lot. I also love to share my recipes on my blog so check them out here.
3. When going to an event where I know there will be lots of fatty foods I LOVE... I make sure to eat something healthy before I go. Something high in fiber or protein that will keep me full. I don't totally deprive myself from trying the yummy foods, but I limit myself to the two bite rule. The first and last bite of something is always the best anyways, isn't it?
These are a few things I do that helps curb my fatty. I would love to hear more! What are some of the tricks you use?