I have been intrigued lately by the product called "quinoa". Shopping around a couple of weeks ago at one of my favorite stops "Trader Joe's" I purchased a bag of these seeds. So, first thing I did was start searching for some yummy recipes to cook with it. I found a few that looked good but I was disappointed because I could not find a sweet recipe to make with it. I have been craving some sweets lately and wanted to find a healthy choice for my sweet tooth. I happened along this recipe for cinnamon quinoa bars and decided to give it a shot.
2 1/2 cups Quinoa (cooked and cooled)
4 eggs (beaten)
1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs Cinnamon
~1 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and pour into a foil lined pan. I used foil but I probably would have preferred to use parchment to prevent sticking.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden.
4. Remove from pan immediately and cut into squares.
5. Drizzle with honey and serve.
Makes 12 servings
1 serving = ~100 calories