Apple season is in the fall. So for me, this September and November will be prime time apple cookin’ up in the Working Moms kitchen! Apples are one of my favorite fruits to cook with, therefore I am a little antsy about starting on my apple recipes this year. I already made cinnamon apple chips a few weeks ago and shared it with you all. Now its time to kick it up a notch with a yummy apple dessert.
One of my guilty pleasures is an apple turnover at Mc Donald’s, seriously aren’t those suckers sinfully delicious. So, I scoured the internet for some tasty apple desserts and came upon one from Dashing Dish that used egg roll wrappers, brilliant! I adapted her recipe a bit because she used artificial sweeteners and I just didn’t think it needed it, the sweetness of the apple was enough for me. Here is my recipe:
Skinny Apple Pie Turnover
3 medium apples
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 Tbs honey
4 egg rolls wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet or foil with non stick spray. This is important if any of the sticky apple juice leak.
2. Chop apple pieces very fine, I used my pampered chef handy dandy apple corer/peeler/slicer. Then combined all ingredients (but egg wrappers) and mix well.
3. Lay out egg roll wrappers and divide the apple mixture evenly. dip your finger into water and moisten the edges of the wrappers to seal. Once sealed, I used my fork at the edges to make sure the wrappers were firmly in place.
4. Spray the top of wrappers with non stick spray and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
5. Bake the apple turnovers for ~ 15 minutes or until they turn a crisp looking brown.
An Na from Anna, Indeed
Friday 19th of September 2014
looks and sounds amazing!