I sure do love me some Beef Stroganoff but what I do not like is the calories. Yes, some of the best Beef Stroganoff recipes are packed with sour cream, oil and let us not forget the famous Campbell’s soup cream of mushroom. In other words, some of the best Beef Stroganoff recipes are filled with fattening ingredients. But not today because Survival Guide by The Working Mom is here to bring you another “fattier” recipe and skinny it up for you!
1 package (12 ounce) No Yolk Egg Noodle
8 wedges Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese
2 cups 2% milk
4 TBS Fat Free Sour Cream
1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp minced garlic
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tsp oregano
garlic powder (to taste)
salt (to taste)
1. Cook egg noodles according to directions on package.
2. While noodles are cooking; add milk, Laughing Cow cheese, sour cream, and yogurt to a sauce pan. Once the mixture starts to boil, cover and let simmer until the cheese has melted down.
3. While sauce is simmering on low/medium heat; cook turkey meat, onion and mushrooms in a larger pot. Season the meat as you prefer and cook until the meat has browned.
4. Returned to cheese sauce. Add the mozzarella cheese to the sauce and let it melt. This should thicken it up some!
5. Taste sauce and add seasonings to your tasting. Once you are happy with the taste, add sauce to the turkey meat mixture and mix well.
6. Add noodles to the sauce/meat mixture and cook down while frequently stirring. Taste and continue to season.