They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I have to agree. After having a hearty breakfast, my neurons get to firing and I have so much more energy! But not just any foods give me that burst of energy, I usually opt for something that is filling and will “stick to my bones.” I am also a sucker for sweets, so a hearty breakfast with a hint of sweet flavor is a winner in my book. Which brings me to the recipe I have for you today! Oatmeal is one of the best morning “filler” breakfast foods but truthfully, it can get a little bland and boring. However, this recipe adds such a flare to the traditional dish, I just can not get enough of it! You have got to try this sweet, filling and most important (chocolatey) morning breakfast dish!
Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal Bars
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk
1/8 tsp salt
2 TBS peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a bread pan with non stick spray.
2. Combine all ingredient but the chocolate chip and mixture thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into the bread pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until a golden brown.
5. Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!!