As I have mentioned before, The Hundred-Foot Journey is hitting theaters across the U.S. on August 8th. Mark your calendars now because this is going to be one awesome movie! It is produced by Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and Juliet Blake and stars Helen Mirren. With big names like those, it is sure to be a hit!
And in honor of the movie release, The Hundred-Foot Journey along with LeCordon Bleu is sharing delicious recipes to get you all “fired” up! Total pun intended there! Here is an awesome recipe for French Onion Soup. Since I am also a fan of creating masterpiece dishes (or in my case, minor-piece dishes), I am sharing one of my recipes that I think it a perfect pairing for this soup!
And of course is it one of my “skinny” version recipes! Behold…
Garlic & Cheese Cauliflower Biscuits
1 head of cauliflower (riced)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop cauliflower in blender until it is a “rice” consistency. Cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes until smooth.
3. Add butter to the cooked cauliflower, let melt and stir with cauliflower. This will look kind of like mash potatoes.
4. Stir in the baking powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
5. Slowly stir in flour. Once flour is mixed in well, add cheese and mix.
6. Form into biscuit-like shape and place on baking sheet.
7. Cook for ~15 minutes or until golden brown.