I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of MomCentral Consulting for the Florida Department of Citrus. I received promotional item to thank me for participating.
The family and I are huge Football fans. The Saints are our team of choice and every Sunday we are glued to the TV rooting them on! Oh, yes! Now that Football season is here, my Sundays are filled with football and cooking because no game is complete without some delicious tailgating food! Snacks are a must during the game and one particular treat we enjoy having is popcorn. Well, this year I decided to take it up a notch and make homemade caramel popcorn. Even better, I decided to give it a bit of a zing by adding 100% Florida Orange Juice to the recipe. Check it out!
Orange Caramel Corn Mix Recipe
11 cups air popped popcorn
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup of raw almonds
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup 100% Florida Orange Juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree and place popcorn, almonds and cranberries in a large bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combined butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and orange juice and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 2 minutes, mixing constantly.
3. Remove saucepan from heat and add in vanilla and baking soda. The mixture should foam, continue to stir.
4. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn and mix thoroughly, coating all of the popcorn.
5. Spread the popcorn evenly over a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Stir the mixture at least 2 times within the 30 minute baking period.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Stir again so that the popcorn does not clump up. Enjoy this delicious treat!
Let me tell you, the Orange Caramel Corn Mix was a HUGE hit with the family. And it was paired perfectly with a big, ice cold glass of 100% Florida Orange Juice! Did you know that by incorporating 100% orange juice into your daily diet, either by drinking an 8-ounce glass or by adding it into some of your favorite recipes, you can help maintain a healthy lifestyle and may reduce the risk of certain diseases? Not only is 100% orange juice an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium, it is also packed with calcium, vitamin D, fresh fruit fiber and is fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free. With all of these benefits, I had to incorporate it into more of our Football Sunday dishes!
On August 19th, the Florida Department of Citrus held a public event in New York City where they kicked off pre-season Football with an awesome tailgating event. The event was hosted by Erin Andrews and provided some great tailgating tips, cups of 100% orange juice and delicious orange juice inspired recipes! One of the recipes was a Florida Orange Marinade (pictured above), I had to try at our Sunday family football day. Let me tell you, it was awesome! The entire family loved it! I can not wait to try some more. What recipe would you like to add your OJ to?