Disclosure: I was not financialy compensated for this post. I am part of the Nutrisystem Blogging Program where I receive free product and share my experiences with the program. My opinions are 100% my own. Disclosure Policy Here.
I certainly had my ups and downs this week on the Nutrisystem program. I was determined to stick to the plan, I wanted to come back and report a huge weight loss this week! However, last week when I stood on the scale I saw a 2 pound weight gain. What?!?! Are you kidding me?! I GAINED weight?! How can that be?!! And then I received an email from my awesome Nutrisystem Counselor Julia, inquiring about my exercise routine. I have not been on a strenuous exercise routine. I regularly walk at work during lunchtime but most evenings/weekends are packed with kid activities; I don’t have the time. She suggested I cut back on 1 PowerFuel and 2 SmartCarbs because of the light exercise routine. It totally worked! I lost the 2 pounds that creeped up and hopefully that will get the ball rolling once again!
Tips To Get Over a Weight-Loss Plateau
1. Don’t skip meals and track your food I know it may seem strange to hear but eating TOO little can actually be harmful to your weight loss success. Skipping meals can actually slow down your metabolism and cause you to be so hungry that you will overeat on your next meal. Also, not getting in enough calories per day can cause your body to go into starvation mode and start storing fat! Keep track of your calories and make sure you are taking in a good balance of protein, carbs and fat.
2. Mix it up Don’t you get bored with the same thing over and over? Well, so does your body! It becomes accustomed to situations VERY fast. So, mix things up! Eat different foods, do different work outs and get out of that monotonous routine.Your body and the scale will thank you for it later.
3. Drink more water It’s always about the water, isn’t it? Well the fact is, if you are dehydrated your body will actually retain water. So, drink drink drink!
4. Measure your portions carefully If you are estimating your portion sizes you might not be counting all the calories you are consuming. I am totally guilty of this, like those times I count a WALLOP of peanut butter as one tablespoon. Don’t cheat because you are only cheating yourself!
5. Move, Move, Move! This is one thing I really need to step up on.Exercise is certainly key for a successful weight loss regimen. And if you do not have a regular workout routine then cut back on calories! So, let’s do this!
Two Week Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Total Weight Loss: -9 pounds
Weight Loss Goal for Next Week: -3 pounds
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem!