This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Febreze
My favorite time of the year is here! It starts off with Halloween and ends right after the New Year, the Holidays! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! I love everything about the holidays; the cooler weather, the shopping, the family togetherness, the baking and of course the eating. Oh, did I mention the smells? It might sound a bit silly but I just LOVE the smells of the holidays. The fresh scent of pine from the Christmas tree, the smell of Apple Pie baking in the oven wafting through the house and the smell of cranberry sauce simmering on the stove. The smells of the holidays are simply glorious! Febreze is bringing those scents to you with their “Home For The Holidays Collection“, so you can enjoy them all season long!
The Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection includes ALL of your favorite scents from the holidays. I was sent a box to try out for myself; my box included the Apple Tart, Frosted Pine and Vanilla Latte scents. The Apple Tart scent will have your mouth watering for that homemade apple pie straight out of the oven. The Frosted Pine has an earthy fragrance of a fresh cut pine tree that will bring on the nostalgic holiday spirit. And the Vanilla Latte is a mixture of sweet vanilla and spices that will warm your spirits.
I really liked all of them but my favorite scent from the Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection is the Apple Tart. It’s probably my favorite because I am always reminded of the Holidays by the scent of baked pies filling the house. I was completely surprised at how close the Apple Tart Frebreze NOTICable recreated that scent. It had my mouth watering so I decided to make a pie of my own, skinny of course!
Skinny Mini Apple Pie Recipe
12 Egg-Roll Wrappers
5 Granny Smith Apples (peeled & diced)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
4 TBS Honey
4 TBS Sugar or Sugar Substitute
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray and line each with an egg roll wrapper.
3. Mix apples, salt, apple pie spice, honey and sugar in a glass bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes or until tender. The mixture will be watery/juicy so drain off as much excess fluid as you can.
4. Fill each of the egg roll wrappers with the apple mixture. Wet fingers and wrap the excess over the top, covering the mixture and sealing well with water.
5. Sprinkle on top with cinnamon and baker ~20 minutes. You want to bake as long as you can without burning the tops but trying to get the wrapper as crispy as possible.
6. Enjoy these delicious mini apple pies warm or cool. They are delicious and skinny!
Like Febreze on Facebook and/or Follow Febreze on Twitter!