This post is part of the Foodie.com sponsored campaign. However, all opinions are my own.
Valentines Day is right around the corner and you know what that means, CHOCOLATE! Oh yes, it is one of my favorite holidays! Not because of the romance, the flowers or the love notes but because of the sweets. However, you know me and how I can so go overboard on my chocolate intake. So, I have to be proactive, this is why I scoured the internet in search of Skinny Chocolate Recipes. And since it is a skinny recipe, I can eat twice as much, right?!
As an added bonus, I wanted to share this amazing Baked Chocolate Chip Donuts Recipe. A couple of weeks ago my kids woke up and begged me for donuts. How I love and hate donuts. Yes, they are delicious. Yes, they will have my mouth watering. Yes, I will eat too many of them in one sitting. Yes, they will cause my backside to widen. No, I will not go buy any fattening donuts. YES, I will make a skinnier baked version that tastes just as good! Behold…
Baked Chocolate Chip Donuts w/ Greek Yogurt Icing
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 TBS Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Skim Milk
1/4 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
2 TBS Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Water to thin
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix all donuts ingredients well, add chocolate chips at the very end.
3. Fill donuts cups about 3/4 of the way and baked 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack.
5. For icing, melt chocolate chips in microwave and add the rest of ingredients. Mix well. If the icing is too thick, use a little water to thin out.
Drizzle over donuts and enjoy!