Next week, I am walking the red carpet for Disney’s Alice Through The Looking Glass, opening May 27th! In honor of the movie, I made these delicious Queen of Hearts Red Velvet Donuts! These donuts are so good, they will knock your head off! Ha! Get it?! The donuts are also baked, so that means less fat. Bonus! Without further ado, check out the recipe below.
Queen of hearts Red Velvet Donuts Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients, minus frosting ingredients, with a mixer.
2. Spray doughnut pan (I used a heart shaped pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Filled each doughnut cup about 3/4 with batter and baked for ~10 minutes. Check if doughnut is baked thoroughly with a toothpick.
4. While donuts are baking, mix frosting ingredients together and scoop into a plastic. Cut a super small hole in tip of the bag to pipe icing on to the donuts.
5. Remove donuts from pan and let cool. Once cool, pipe frosting over donuts.
Enjoy these delicious treats!