The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
A few years ago I asked my husband for a high powered mixer for Chritmas. Being the amazing husband he is, under the tree that year I received a Kitchen Aid Mixer. I love to cook, especially bake, so I was planning to use the mixer time and time again. However, much to my husbands dismay, I did not use it as frequently as I’d hoped. The problem? I have a small kitchen and even less counterspace, so I had to store the mixer in the back of my cabinet, which made it difficult to pull out everytime I needed it. However, these mixer problems have been solved thanks to the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer.
MEET THE MIGHTY MINI MIXER
I put this beauty right to work when I received it from Best Buy! It’s been awhile since I made a batch of cookies and I was ready to test my new mixer out and really put its power to work! With it being summer-ish time, I decided to go with a S’Mores Cookie! We all know S’Mores is the “apple pie” of summer treats, I thought it would be the perfect time of year to make these cookies and test my mixer!
The KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer was everything I hoped for and more! It was easy to use, powerful and cute to boot with it’s pink color and iconic design. Ya’ll know how I am a sucker for pink and cutesy stuff! And the S’Mores cookies? They were simply delicious but unfortunately, the didn’t last very long! No worries, I have a feel I will be baking a lot more now that I have the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer in my life!
S’Mores Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 Hershey bars, melted
- Cream (using the Mixer!) together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows and scoop onto non-stick pan with each cookie being about 3 m=inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Let Cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with some left over graham cracker crumbs.