Did you receive an Instant Pot recently? Looking for some Instant Pot Recipes to try? This Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe is delicious and so easy to make!
I admit, I am late on the Instant Pot train. I just received an Instant Pot for Christmas and I am all about it! My biggest question is, what took me to long to board the Instant Pot train? Every recipe I have made in it is so simple, FAST and turned out delicious! With the cold weather tearing through my bones recently, I have been craving some warm comfort food. Recently, I made this Broccoli and Cheese Soup in my Instant Pot and served it up in bread bowls to the family! Let me tell you, it was a hit! Check out my Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup Bread Bowl Recipe.
Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup Bread Bowl Recipe
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- minced garlic 1 tsp
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups broccoli (chopped and stems removed)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices kraft singles american cheese
- 1 C pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 C colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 C Half and Half
- Small Round Bread for Bread Bowl
- Push the Saute button on your Instant Pot. First add butter and melt, then stir in onion and carrots. Cook until onion for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in garlic and flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add in broth and stir until no flour lumps remain. Add your broccoli to the pot, cover, and set Instant Pot to cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- When your 8 minutes are up, do a quick release of pressure, open lid and turn off the pot. Stir in salt, paprika, dijon mustard, dill, and pepper.
- Add cheeses and mixing until everything has melted.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the center of the bread out for bread bowl and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread bowls from the oven and pour soup into the center and serve.