Thank you Disney for the fun Cinderella sewing kit box!
Teach kids to learn to sew with plush toys and apron project in honor of Disney’s Cinderella arriving to the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
Sewing is a very useful skill, so much so that it is a skill I wish I could go back and hone the craft of doing. I have tried to put the bug in the ear of my kids to try to learn to sew but they were never really interested in doing so. Not until I received this cute little plush toy sewing project and apron from Disney in honor of Cinderella arriving to the Walt Disney Signature Collection!
The sewing kit not only comes with plastic needles, thread and press holes in which guide the sewing project with ease. The box can also be turned into a little bed set to play with when the plush toys projects are complete.
And let me tell you the kids LOVED it! They learned to thread their needles, knot their thread and even realized the importance of pulling your thread through completely to continue ones project. With the patterns having pre-punched holes, it was easy for them to “fix” their mistakes. The best part was, they spent hours on the plush toy project, they even set it down and came back to finish it later in the day. That is something they hardly ever do!
I am going to have them practice a bit longer before I have them tackle a project like Cinderella’s apron but I am sure we will master it by the end of summer! And they do say practice makes perfect, Am I Right?!
After all the Cinderella sewing fun, the girls also wanted to check out the movie we received! Disney’s Cinderella is always a classic but owning the Blu-ray which is NOW available, will give you a new sense of love because the Bonus Features are everything!!
NEW BONUS FEATURES
- Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
CLASSIC BONUS FEATURES
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
THE ART OF CINDERELLA
- Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.
MUSIC AND MORE
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”