I was sent this amazing DIY puppet kit from Sony Pictures Home release in honor of the Blu-ray A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood release on February 18th! I figured with Easter right around the corner, I would try my hand (get it? hand?) at a Bunny hand puppet! Mr. Rogers loved his puppets and I feel my bunny (which I named Peter) would be one of his favorites. So check out my DIY Bunny Puppet tutorial!
DIY Bunny Puppet
For each puppet you should have the following pieces:
- 1 body piece (sent by Sony Pictures)
- Felt (various colors)
- Googly Eyes
- Puffy balls (for nose and cotton tail)
- black sharpie
- hot glue gun
Also you can use this Bunny Puppet template for your pieces.
Make sure to give these fun bunny puppets a pin!
A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood Bonus Features
One of my favorite things about owning a Blu-ray/DVD of movies I like is to have the bonus features! A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood bonus features bring some awesome extras. Check them out:
- Over 15 Minutes of Additional Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers
- The People Who Make a Neighborhood: The Making Of
- Dreaming Big, Building Small: The Puppets & Miniatures
- Daniel Tiger Explains: Practice Makes Perfect
- Filmmaker Commentary