It’s not strawberry season just yet but that does not stop me from making some delicious strawberry treats! The other day while shopping at Sam’s I saw a great deal on strawberries. I love me some strawberries so I picked up a couple of containers. One of my favorite morning snacks is a hot cup of coffee with a bowl of fresh strawberries. I think they compliment each other SO well. I also love to cook with strawberries, in the past I’ve made Skinny Baked Strawberry Shortcake Donuts, talk about GOOD with a hot cup of coffee! Oh and I can not forget about these Skinny Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, as you can tell I love sweet stuff! Well, I have another one for you today:
Skinny Strawberry Short Upside Down Cake
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 package sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin mix
1 package yellow cake mix
2 cups mini marshmallows
12 ounces diet 7-Up or Diet Sprite
1. Thinly slice the strawberries and line the bottom of a 13×9 baking pan (coat with non stick spray) with the strawberries.
2. Sprinkle the Jell-O mix over strawberries.
3. Spread 2 cups of mini marshmallows over strawberries.
4. Combine the cake mix and 7-Up and mix thoroughly. Pour over into baking sheet. Make sure the marshmallows are covered with the cake mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top of the cake is lightly browned.
6. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then flip cake over on to a baking rack or serving dish.
Happy Guilt-Free Eating!!
Makes 20 servings with each serving 110 calories. Recipe was adapted from a recipe posted on MyFitnessPal forum.