You must think I am a little nuts for using the word “skinny” and “donuts” in the same sentence. Well, I am NUTS, NUTS for these DoNUTS. (Wow, that sure does sound like a good slogan, doesn’t it? I should trademark it.) Not only are these donuts “skinnier” and delicious; they are also packed with protein and easy to make! And the best part? They are chocolate!!! I am a chocoholic and am always looking for ways to curb my chocolate appetite without increasing my waist line. These donuts certainly do the trick! So without further ado, here is the recipe for “Skinny” Baked Chocolate Donuts!
Skinny Baked Chocolate Donuts
1 1/3 cup oats
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp cream tartar
sugar substitute equal to 1 cup of sugar
`1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Blend all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) together in a blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into each doughnut cup and bake for 10 minutes. Stick with toothpick to make sure donuts are done.
4. Remove from oven and immediately add 4-5 chocolate chips to the tops of each doughnut.
5. Lets the doughnut cool completely before removing them from the pan or they will break apart.
Makes 24 donuts 57 calories each (7g Carbs, 2g Fat, 4g Protein)