My kids are a big fan of hot pockets! I should rephrase that, my kids and myself are big fans of hot pockets. However, I know they are far from the best choice in snacks for me and my kids. This is why I decided to make a much healthier version of the hot pocket. Behold, the Skinny Parmesan Chicken Pocket!
These were really easy to make and the final product was Delicious. I used egg roll wrappers in this recipe so it sort of reminded me of the FAMOUS healthier pizza rolls. So, without further ado…
Skinny Chicken Parmesan Pockets
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
Egg roll wrappers
3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Ragu spaghetti sauce
oregano (for garnish)
1. Cook chicken breast and shred. Moisten the shredded chicken with spaghetti sauce. (add more if you like a saucer pocket!
2. Lay out egg roll wrapper and add chicken to one side of it, like shown below.
3. Add mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese to top of chicken mixture. Shown below.
4. Wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper and fold into triangles. Seal edges.
5. Cook in preheated 375 degree oven for ~15 minutes or until wrapper brown.